Thursday, April 7, 2016

Lakeview Cemetery

I am embarrassed to say that up to March 19th 2016  I had never been to the Lakeview Cemetery. This is a beautiful cemetery in Cleveland that has absolutely gorgeous sculptures. The cemetery was founded in 1869. It actually celebrates its 147th anniversary this year. It covers 285 acres and is modeled after great garden cemeteries of Victorian England and France. I was so impressed with the architecture that I went back the next two weekends following my initial visit. Little Italy is right down the street form Lakeview Cemetery. My good friend and I always made it a point to stop for lunch there after our photography session. Italian gardners and stonecutters immigrated to Cleveland for employment at the cemetery. They built their homes on the hill next to the cemetery because it was close and reminded them of their native land.
I have posted several images that I took during the three weekends I visited.


June Louise Memorial
Haserot Angel of Death Victorious











President Garfield Memorial 


























To view more images from my website go to the link below:
Lakeview Cemetery Images

To view Lakeview Cemetery's website go to this link:
Lakeview Cemetery Website

1 comment: