Saturday, February 13, 2016

Stebbins Gulch

I enjoy photographing winter. To me snow covers up all of natures' imperfections. This isn't to say that I enjoy snow 4 months out of the year. By March I am ready for spring. There are many places in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park that present wonderful photographic opportunities. Occassionally I enjoy venturing outside of our park to explore other photographic opportunities. One such place is Stebbins Gulch in the Holden Arboretum. The Holden Arboretum is in Kirtland Ohio. Annually several photography friends and myself hire a guide to take us into Stebbins. It is not an easy hike and Holden Arboretum requests that a guide accompany any group for safety reasons. Below you can see why I enjoy this area.


I used our guides as a scale for how large
 the ice formations were.

Close up of ice patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment