Monday, July 7, 2014

Cain Park Art Fest

This weekend is the first of three shows for the month of July. You can check the dates and location of my shows on the right side of the page.  I have some new framed images and plaques I am excited about showing. I recently returned from a trip with my wife to the Shenandoah Mountains in Virginia. One of my favorite locations to shoot a sunrise is a simple pull off the road location. I was disappointed when we drove by this spot and saw it was under construction. I told my wife that I could get there at 5:30 AM before the construction crew arrived. Imagine my surprise when I arrived and saw the workers already at work. I talked to the construction foreman and he allowed me to pull my car into their area so I could photograph. As I waited for the sun to peak over the mountains my attention shifted to what was happening 3000 feet below where I was standing. A beautiful layer of fog rising from the valley. I have been to this area a half dozen times but I have never seen this.



Another image I will be showing for the first time is this image of The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame taken from Voinivich Park. I wanted something different from the traditional shots taken from here.  I knew that sunrise would present a golden glow on the Hall so I arrived around 5:30 AM.  I could see the glow developing but it also appeared on the Great Lake Science Museum. I quickly changed my lens and location to get this shot:


Those of you that have seen my images know I love foggy areas. There is a marsh in Hudson Ohio I have always wanted to photograph. May and June offered some intriguing early morning shots. I took hundreds of shots from the area but wasn't happy until one morning late in June this presented itself...


I was overwhelmed with the results of this. I do all of my own printing, but for this image I had a Giclee print made. It is a fabulous print if a do say so myself.

I hope you are able to stop by this weekend or if not one of the other shows of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment