Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cain Park


This past weekend I was one of 152 craftsman at the 75th Cain Park Arts and Crafts show.  This was a wonderful experience for me and I was honored to have been selected for this show. The quality of the work displayed by the artists was truly outstanding.  If you have never been to Cain Park I suggest you visit this wonderful area sometime soon. There is an amphitheater in the center of the park that has been the site for concerts such as Yes and Jetro Tull.  I took a full art arsenal to the show with me.  I displayed my large format photo plaques along with my usual 20 x 30 matted images.  This was my first show out of my so called "comfort zone".  My other shows have all been in areas associated one way or another with the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.  But at Cain Park I was worried that people would not associate with the beauty of our park.  I did have several people tell me they did not know we have a national park in Ohio. I was delighted that people found my images of the park intriguing. I sold four of my large format plaques on Saturday.  Not to my surprise two of those images were my textured prints of the blue herons.

Here are the images of my large format plaques that sold:
Textured Heron and Fog

Beaver Marsh     




Beaver Marsh printed on aluminum
Textured Heron and Moon

 
Hope all of you will visit me at my next show the weekend of August 23rd in Hudson.   

No comments:

Post a Comment