Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bald Eagles


Over the past few years, the Cuyahoga Valley National Park has had bald eagles nesting.  I decided this year I was going to try and capture the events of this nesting.  I never know when the parents will arrive. I have waited anywhere from three hours to forty five minutes.  Some days I go away without seeing anything. The eaglets aren't scheduled to arrive until early April. Once this happens the activity will increase since the eaglets are going to be very hungry.  The National Park has closed part of the trail system leading to the nest location. These shots are taken from across the Cuyahoga River with my 100-400 lens and a 1.4x converter.  When the eagles do appear, here is a sequence of what happens.

Eagle lands in the nest
Mom or Dad settles onto the nest









The eagle that was in the nest with the eggs emerges...
leaves the nest while the other eagle assumes egg caring duties.  

No comments:

Post a Comment