Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Virginia Kendall Fog

Virginia Kendall is an area in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park I love visiting.  Like any photographic outing, I never know what I will see. Many a morning I have left the area without taking one photo. One such morning occurred last summer.  However, as I was pulling out of the parking lot I captured the sun lighting up one of the hiking trails.


Last week I was there with a very good friend of mine.  As we were walking the trail to the lake we were greeted by a mother deer. We were surprised how close she was to us.  I think she was just as surprised to see people that early in the morning. Then we noticed close to thirty or more geese in the fog covered lake.  What took place in the next thirty minutes was something my friend and I may not see again for awhile.  The sun climbed over the trees and hit the fog creating a spectacular palate of burning fog and swimming geese.















No comments:

Post a Comment