Monday, November 28, 2011

Smoky Mountains

Elk in the Cataloochee Valley  
 



Visited The Smoky Mountains recently.  I was interested in finding the elk that were introduced into the Cataloochee Valley recently.  I was not disappointed.  You can view more images by going to this web link.
Smoky Mountains







This young bull elk was very willing to be photographed.  It was not the biggest elk present though. Go to my link above to see the large bull elk I would see the next day.




This is what I saw each day as I traveled up the mountain to get to the elk.  The road leading to this site was very narrow and not paved.  I asked my wife to go with me on my second visit but didn't tell her how we would have to get there.  She was a nervous wreck on the way back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment